There’s nothing like Zanzibar beach vacations to find peace and calm, sitting in the sun on ideal beaches in Zanzibar with fine sand and crystal blue water. Zanzibar vacation packages allow you to immerse yourself in a heady mix of palm-fringed beaches, turquoise seas, and exotic cultures. Zanzibar, located off the coast of Tanzania, is a romantic Indian Ocean island paradise that has remained relatively untouched. It’s the largest coral island off the coast of Africa, and it’s known for its centuries-old sailing dhows, ornately carved wooden doors, and the scent of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg – hence the nickname “Spice Island.”
Stone Town, Zanzibar’s main town, is the oldest part of the island and is home to 45 mosques, the Slave Market, the Old Fort, Dr Livingstone’s House, and the Zanzibar Marubhi Palace ruins. The surrounding islands provide opportunities for further exploration. Pemba is one of the most popular, known for its excellent scuba diving, deep-sea fishing, and a variety of water sports in the untouched marine environment of the Pemba Channel. There’s also Prison Island, which is home to giant tortoises, and tiny Mnemba, which is only inhabited by the staff and guests of the opulent &Beyond Mnemba Island all-inclusive resort.
What to Expect When Visiting Zanzibar
- The weather is superb year-round.
- There are numerous tiny islands surrounding Zanzibar that you can explore.
- The beaches are beautiful.
- Zanzibar’s vibrant cultural heritage includes African, Arabic and Portuguese influences.
- Zanzibar is a popular location for a romantic holiday.
- It’s a paradise for divers and snorkelers.
- You can see red colobus monkeys in the Jozani Forest Reserve.
- Enjoy delicious fresh seafood.
- An ideal add-on if you’re going on safari in Tanzania.
The island’s proximity to Tanzania, where you can enjoy an unparalleled wildlife experience, including watching the annual wildebeest migration, makes it an ideal location for an unforgettable bush-and-beach vacation or romantic honeymoon. Allow Zaita Tours to assist you with your travel arrangements to Zanzibar, from luxury to budget-friendly packages, to this beautiful, exotic island destination.