2 Days Lake Natron Tanzania safari
Explore 2 Days Lake Natron Tanzania safari, home to 2 million of lesser flamingos, and the views along the road to get there are nothing less than stunning. Beautiful as the stand-alone package that you will find below, but also an ideal extension to any other ‘standard’ safari in the north of Tanzania!
2 Days Lake Natron Tanzania safari – Itinerary
Day 1: Arusha – Lake Natron
Your driver / guide will pick you up at your hotel in Arusha in the morning and drive for about 2 hours before leaving the main road. The ride will take you over bumpy paths, through remote Maasai areas with stunning views of the ‘mountain of God’ Ol Doinyo Lengai, and if you’re lucky you might even see some zebra’s, giraffe or other wildlife.
The drive takes around 4-5 hours in total (you’ll stop for lunch) and once you arrive at the entrance gate of Lake Natron area, a local Maasai guide will escort you to your accommodation. Visiting this whole area without a local guide is not allowed, so any excursion you do will be in his presence. You’ll check in and have time to freshen up, after which you’ll head to the lake.
Accompanied by your local guide, you’ll explore the lake on foot. The ground is quite slippery and muddy, so be prepared to slowly slide over it in order to avoid falling. It’s very shallow for quite some time though, so it’s up to you to see how far you want to go to get close to the flamingos. We’ll stay until sunset, as this is the time when the flamingos are most active, looking for food. After the visit, you’ll return to your accommodation, where dinner will be served.
Day 2: Waterfall Hike – Arusha
The days starts early today, as we want to hike to a nearby waterfall before it gets to warm, and leave enough time to comfortably get back to Arusha before it gets too dark. The hike takes about 1 to 2 hours and takes you through the beautiful landscapes surrounding Lake Natron. Get ready to get wet, as you’ll have to cross the river a few times!
Once you finish your hike, you’ll start heading back to Arusha for another 4 hours. Lunch will be provided on the way. End of our 2 Days Lake Natron Tanzania safari.
Included in our package:
- Entrance fees to Lake Natron area
- Transport in a 4×4 vehicle from your lodge in Arusha to the parks and back (other pick-up points possible, please contact us for the right price)
- Visit to the lake and waterfall
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Accommodation as mentioned in our offers.
- In case of a camping trip: camping gear like tents, camping mattresses, sleeping bags, pillows, camping chairs, etc.
- Lunch and dinner on the first day of your trip, breakfast and lunch on the last day
- Drinking water, tea and coffee
Package doesn’t include:
- Tips for the crew. We recommend a tip of 20 USD per day for your guide, and 15 USD per day for your cook, to be divided between each member of your group.
- Travel insurance
- Flights or other transport to Arusha. We can r arrange airport pickup for you. Let us know your itinerary and we’ll make it happen!
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Accommodation in Arusha. If you wish, we can however assist you in finding a place that corresponds to your needs and budget.
- Breakfast on the first day and dinner on the last
- Personal spending money for souvenirs, laundry, etc.
- All other services that are not mentioned as included.