6 Days Tanzania Budget Camping Safari
Tanzania Budget Camping Safari, this is a perfect tour for those who would like to discover Tanzania wildlife in just 6 days for low price.
Day 1: Arusha to Lake Manyara Park
A 0830hrs drive from Arusha to Lake Manyara Park game drives with picnic lunch boxes, dinner and overnight at Twiga Camp Site
Lake Manyara National Park is a small but scenic safari park, excellent for bird watching and a good area to find the elephant, as well as the potential excitement of spotting a legendary Lake Manyara tree-climbing lion.Lake Manyara is a good soft introduction to the safari experience. It is a magical and pretty park that winds its way around a mainly forested driving route between the banks of soda water lake and the impressive rise of the Great Rift escarpment.
Elephant, giraffe, buffalo, and wildebeest can be found grazing in unexpected clearings or heading towards the water to drink or wash, and the rivers and riverbeds provide scenic vistas for possible animal spotting. Warthog seems to thrive here, growing notably fat and tucked, and it is a natural playground for baboons and monkeys. The tree-climbing lion of Lake Manyara inspire extensive theorizing as to the wonders of evolution and are also notoriously rarely seen.
Day 2: Manyara to Serengeti NP
After breakfast depart for Serengeti National Park with picnic lunch boxes, game drives en route towards Serengeti park game, dinner and overnight at Seronera Camp Site After breakfast depart for Serengeti park with picnic lunch boxes, game drives en route towards Serengeti park game, dinner and overnight at Seronera Camp Site.
This land is justifiably famous for its huge concentrations of wildlife, especially the big cats, as well as being the stomping ground of the Great Migration, a massive accumulation of 1.5 million wildebeest, 200,000 zebras and 350,000 gazelles stretching their legs over 1,200 miles in an annual race to find enough water and green grass for their survival. The National Park is broadly divided into three distinct areas, the Seronera Valley and Seronera River, the Western Corridor and the Northern Lobo area that extends northwards through the Lamai Wedge to the Maasai Mara. Most visitors enter the Serengeti through the southern Naabi Hill Gate, which opens onto the Seronera Valley; a vibrant wildlife area at the heart of the Serengeti.
Day 3: Serengeti Np
0630hrs Early morning game drives in Serengeti park, late breakfast at Camp, followed by another game drive, dinner and overnight at Seronera Camp Site
Day 4: Serengeti to Ngorongoro
After breakfast, Serengeti Park game drives, hot lunch at camp, then drive to Ngorongoro for dinner and overnight at Simba Camp Site.
Ngorongoro is a fascinating and unusual Conservation Area which includes the Ngorongoro Crater at its center and then extends through the Crater Highlands, in which local tribes are permitted to maintain their traditional lifestyles in the as natural environment as possible. This extraordinary volcanic landscape is rich and fertile, with stunning craters and lakes, and the high altitude creates a malaria-free microclimate.
The crater is said to have the densest concentration of wildlife in Africa. As such, Ngorongoro Crater has achieved world renown and attracts a growing number of visitors each year. Even if time is limited this natural but accessible small caldera ensures a rewarding safari.
- The Ngorongoro Crater is the world’s largest intact caldera in an exceptional geographical position, forming a spectacular bowl of about 265 sq km with sides up to 600m deep. It is the stalking ground of 20 – 30,000 wild animals at any one time.
- The crater floor consists of a number of ecological environments that include grassland, swamps, forests and Lake Makat, a central soda lake filled by the Munge river. All these various habitats attract various wildlife to drink, wallow, graze, hide or climb.
- -Although animals are free to move in and out of this contained environment, the rich volcanic soil, lush forests and spring source lakes on the crater
floor tend to incline both grazers and predators to remain throughout the year.
- Ngorongoro Crater is also presently one of the most likely areas in Tanzania to see the endangered Black Rhino, as a small population is thriving in this idyllic and protected environment one of the only areas where they continue to breed in the wild.
- -The Crater rim, over 2,200 meters high, touches swathes of clouds for most days of the year, with cool high altitude vapors that seem to bring a clean lightness to the air, and also a chill. These highlands wake up to a misty fog in most months.
Day 5: Ngorongoro to Tarangire Np
After breakfast, Ngorongoro Crater game drives with picnic lunch boxes, later afternoon drive to Tarangire National Park for Dinner and overnight at Kigongoni Camp Site
Day 6: Tarangire to Arusha
After breakfast, Tarangire Park game drives, hot lunch or picnic lunch, then afternoon drive back to Arusha town.
- Transport in 4×4 Safari vehicle
- Professional, English speaking guide
- Meals provided according to travel plan
- Mineral water (3 liters per day/person)
- Overnight stays in safari lodges / tented camps
- All national park fees
Trip not included:
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Visa fees
- Personal spending monies for souvenirs etc
- Travel insurance